Demo BFSU is an international academic competition held by BFSU (Beijing Foreign Studies University). The contest welcomes both undergraduate and graduate candidates, who will form teams to study one of the provided business cases, suggest and analyze its shortages, and propose potential solutions. We offer a wide range of high-quality business cases from BFSU's alumni communities and beyond, covering marketing, consulting, FMCG, entertainment and the cultural and creative industry. We value teamwork and business thinking, and will offer tools and guidance for understanding market needs, designing marketing proposals and transforming business models.
Here are the details of the Demo BFSU:
1. Working Language: Either English and Chinese for the first and second round; English for the final.
2. Format: Teams will compete in different divisions involving marketing and consulting, and the format will combine case analysis and group presentations. They will then analyze the problems of the cases provided by the committee and propose solutions, which they will present in the way of Roadshows.
Current undergraduate and graduate students. There is no restriction on nationality, institution or academic major. Contestants should form teams of 3-5 contestants to compete, and each team can consist of contestants from different schools, departments, majors, and years. If a contestant chooses to sign up individually, the committee will assign him/her to a random team.
Selection of cases for the first and second round
1.1 Translation Industry
1.2 JK fashion industry
2. Marketing :
2.1 Baman Technology (New Type Catering Enterprise)
2.2 Credamo platform (professional research modeling data platform)
Here is the address for downloading case files:https://static.xyz.ibfsu.cn/media/attachments/c78bd47f6af6291187ad968471d5c943.pdf
1. Information Announcement: After contestants signing up, we will announce the list of participating teams and the number of teams that will be selected for the Second and Final Rounds. We will send this information to oversea contestants via Email.
2. Preparation: After signing up, each team will work on their chosen case individually, and produce a PPT and a analysis report for their roadshow. These materials should be submitted before the deadline to the committee via Email. Teams can use either Chinese or English.
3. Feedback: Each team will also receive a copy of their marking details along with brief remarks from the jury.
1. Roadshow: The Second Round involves teams recording a Roadshow based on the PPT and report they submitted for the First Round. This can be in either Chinese and English, and should be submitted to the committee via Email. Teams can refine their materials based on suggestions received in the First Round. We encourage teams to highlight these refining efforts.
2. Markings: Videos of the Roadshows will be posted online along with remarks from the jury and Q&A between the jury and the teams. The markings will be determined by a combination of audience votes and jury markings. Real time updates of markings and rankings will be posted on the video platform, so that people from all time zones can participate.
1. Time Table: Because of the Covid-19 Outbreak, the exact time table has yet to be decided, and we have plans for both online and offline situations.
2. Format: The Final Round will involve a public speeches, presentations and Q&A sections, all held in English. Each team will send a representative to speak for three minutes about their efforts and lessons learned in the previous rounds, which will be marked by the jury and counted towards the final marking. The case for the Final Round will be announced on the day of the event the day before, and each team will make their own PPT for presentation and Q&A. The jury will mark and comment the presentation on spot. The rankings and honors will be announced on the day of the event.
3. In the case of an offline event, we will also hold workshops and seminars, and will connect oversea teams to accommodation providers.
1.All contestants qualified for the Final Round will receive a trophy.
The first prize x 1 Team. Bonus 3000RMB
The second prize x 2 Teams. Bonus 2000RMB
The third prize x 3 Teams. Bonus 1000RMB
2. The award-winning projects get the award certificate.Besides,since companies relevant to the trade are also invited,outstanding teams may receive investment opportunities. These teams may be invited to Business Incubator of BFSU. Contestants studying in BFSU will also get class hour of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Registration and further information
How to Register? Click the link and register your information: https://link.ibfsu.cn/activity/apply.html?activity_id=6&source=external_link
Contestants can start to sign up on April 16th. (You should finish your application before 23:59 (Beijing time) April 23rd, 2020) We will further contact you via Email to send you relevant information.
All contestants should submit their PPT and a report by 23:59 (Beijing time) May 3rd, 2020.
1. There may be changes in format and time table in all stages of Demo BFSU because of the Covid-19 Outbreak and circumstances beyond our control. We apologize in advance for these situations.
2. The committee may take pictures and videos during the contest and may post these materials to report the contest in our WeChat Blog. We will also interview outstanding teams after the Final Round, and the materials may be provided to future contestant and committee members.
If you have some difficulties or questions about signing up or other contest information, please reach out to us via Demobfsu2020@163.com